it's important to select an experienced contractor who can give your roof the quality it needs
1. Verify the contractor has the required business licenses in your state and city. You can always check with the Department of Professional Regulation or the Contractor's Licensing board to ensure they are a legitimate business.
2. Make sure the business has a valid tax ID number, a physical business address, email, phone number and website. You would be surprised how many fake businesses there are out there and the last thing you want to do is put down a deposit with a roofing contractor who isnt really in business or planning to complete any work
3. Ensure the contractor is properly insured and bonded including workers compensation and liability coverage. If the contractor make a costly mistake, insurance will be sure to cover the damages, otherwise you could end up trying to recover damages from a business with no money.
4. Ask for a list of references that you can contact and find out if they were satisfied with the work done on the roof. You can also do some reputation lookups on contracting websites where people can post open reviews freely so that you dont get a biased list of references.
5. Check with the roofing manufacturers to see if the contractor is approved to perform installations or repairs on your roof. Some types of roofing may require your contractor to have special training to understand and ensure proper installation.
Roofing construction contractor serving sherman and denison TX